At Heartland Orthopedic Specialists, our specialty-trained hand doctors are the experts in assessing, diagnosing, and treating hand injuries and conditions.
Pain in the hand can be caused by a wide range of issues, from a condition that has developed over time, such as carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis, to a traumatic injury, such as a fracture or sprain.
In some cases, and if not detected early, conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome may progress and worsen, causing severe pain and even immobility in the fingers, thumb, hand, and forearm. Lingering pain in the hand is often the result of a condition that has developed over time.
It may be time to seek medical treatment from a hand specialist if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Increased hand and arm discomfort
- Pain in the fingers while carrying, gripping, grasping, or twisting objects
- Swelling and discomfort in the hand or afflicted joint
- Changes in range of motion in the surrounding joints (for instance, if you are experiencing thumb joint pain, your adjacent finger joints may become more mobile than usual)
- Warmth and/or redness in the hand, palm, and fingers
- Numbness, tingling, or throbbing of the hand while resting or sleeping
- A sensation of grating or grinding in the affected joint
- The development of cysts on the end joints of your fingers
Our hand specialists at Heartland Orthopedic Specialists understand that pain in the hand can disrupt your lifestyle and make simple, everyday activities difficult. Our doctors are committed to developing customized treatment plans to accommodate your individual condition and get you back to your active lifestyle quickly and safely.
To consult with a hand doctor at Heartland Orthopedic Specialists, please schedule an appointment online or call (800) 762-1177.