Welcome to Heartland Orthopedic Specialists
Dr. David Larson started providing state-of-the-art medical and surgical treatment for disorders of the musculoskeletal system in 1974 when Alexandria Orthopaedic Associates opened. In 2009, we became Heartland Orthopedic Specialists to better represent our growing patient area as well as our expanding regional presence throughout West Central Minnesota.
- Over the years, we have been recognized by various independent health care organizations for our excellence in medical care, Top 10% in the State and Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement. Click here for a full list of awards.
- We maintain an active program of adult reconstructive surgery including primary and revision total joint arthroplasty.
- Our sports medicine program includes one of the few fellowship-trained sports medicine specialists outside of the Twin Cities.
- Trauma is a large part of our practice. We provide twenty-four hour emergency coverage seven days per week at Douglas County Hospital.
- We are committed to delivering quality medical and surgical care to those with afflictions of the musculoskeletal system.
Meet Our Physicians
We are the Orthopedic Physicians for:
- Alexandria Area High School
- Osakis High School
- West Central Area High School
- Brandon/Evansville High School
- Minnewaska Area High School
- Hancock High School
- Parkers Prairie High School
- Sauk Centre High School
- Melrose High School
- Community Christian School - Willmar
- Alexandria Area Hockey Association
The Official Orthopedic Providers for Cougar Athletics Since 1991