Dr. David Larson started providing state-of-the-art medical and surgical treatment for disorders of the musculoskeletal system in 1974 when Alexandria Orthopaedic Associates opened. In 2009, we became Heartland Orthopedic Specialists to better represent our growing patient area as well as our expanding regional presence throughout West Central Minnesota.
- Over the years, we have been recognized by various independent health care organizations for our excellence in medical care, Top 10% in the State and Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement. Click here for a full list of awards.
- For more than 10 consecutive years, over 98% of our joint replacement patients have indicated that they had an exceptional patient experience at our practice even during the recent COVID-19 pandemic.
- We maintain an active program of adult reconstructive surgery including primary and revision total joint arthroplasty.
- Our sports medicine program includes two of the few fellowship-trained sports medicine specialists outside of the Twin Cities.
- Trauma is a large part of our practice. We provide twenty-four hour emergency coverage seven days per week at Alomere Health.
- We are committed to delivering quality medical and surgical care to those with afflictions of the musculoskeletal system.
Our mission is to provide state-of-the-art surgical and nonsurgical orthopedic care in the areas of trauma, sports medicine, and elective reconstructive surgery.
We will strive to maintain a complement of physicians who are certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and will provide quality orthopedic care to our patients. We will allow sufficient time to properly evaluate, counsel, and answer questions raised by our patients.
We commit ourselves to continuing medical education and adding newer, advanced-technology as it becomes available to ensure our patients are receiving up-to-date, quality care.
We will always put the welfare of our patients before any financial, political, or personal considerations. We will not let economic aspects of the patients’ medical care impede proper evaluation and prescriptions.
In summary, we honor the hippocratic oath and pledge the best possible orthopedic surgical care for those people entrusted to our services.