You are here
Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners are an integral part of our team to help offer you effective and timely medical care.
I focus on providing quality and professional orthopedic, sports medicine, and preventative health care services to all of my patients. Working with our team of orthopedic surgeons, I take medical histories, examine patients, order and interpret laboratory tests and X-rays, and diagnose patients both in the clinical and hospital setting. I also treat injuries and assist in orthopedic surgeries.
As a Physician Assistant I actively help fulfill Heartland Orthopedic Specialists’ goal, which is to return our patients to an active lifestyle in the shortest time possible.
I grew up in Milnor, North Dakota. After studying in the western United States and most recently working in Las Vegas, Nevada, where my practice focused in orthopedic surgery and trauma, my family and I recently relocated to Minnesota to be near our family. I enjoy family time with my husband and two children as well as snowboarding, wakeboarding, running, and biking.
- Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID, 2003
- University of Mary, Bismarck, ND, 2001
- Board-Certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Minnesota Academy of Physician Assistants
- Pocatello Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Institute, Pocatello, ID, 2003 - 2004
- Selznick Orthopaedics, Las Vegas, NV, 2005 - 2007
- Sunrise Orthopedic Trauma Service, Las Vegas, NV, 2007 - 2009
- Heartland Orthopedic Specialists, Alexandria, MN, 2009 - Present
Dr. Aaron Balgaard & Dr. James Andrews are available to see patients at our new satellite location in Fergus Falls!x