Paul A. Dale, M.D.
SpecialtiesJoint Replacements Including Robotic-Assisted Joint Replacement, Shoulder & Elbow, Hand & Wrist, Hip, Knee
“I treat all my patients as individuals, tailoring each person’s treatment to their particular condition.”
Dr. Paul Dale is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in state-of-the-art surgical and nonsurgical orthopedic care for injuries and conditions of the shoulder, elbow, hand, wrist, hip, and knee. He has focused expertise in adult reconstructive surgery, including knee, hip, and shoulder replacement procedures and robotic-assisted surgery. Dr. Dale also specializes in the revision of previous replacement surgeries.
After earning his undergraduate degree in anatomy and physiology from Cornell University in 1981, Dr. Dale obtained his medical degree at the University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis in 1985. Following graduation from medical school, he went on to pursue advanced training in orthopedic surgery, completing his residency at Mayo Graduate School of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota, in 1990.
Dr. Dale currently serves as the director of the Alomere Health Joint Replacement Center, and his orthopedic research has been published in numerous medical journals and presented to orthopedic peers. He has also been a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons since 1995, and with ongoing training, he continues to offer the latest in adult reconstructive care to his patients.
In addition to his extensive medical commitments, Dr. Dale also enjoys hunting, snowmobiling, marathon running, and spending time with his wife and family.
Dr. Dale is available to see patients at Heartland Orthopedic Specialists in Alexandria.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate Degree: Physiology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Medical Degree: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Orthopaedic Residency: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member, International Congress for Joint Reconstruction
- Member, Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- Member, Minnesota Orthopaedic Society
- Member, Norwegian American Orthopaedic Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Director, Alomere Health Joint Replacement Center
- Past Instructor, MIS Minimally Invasive Surgery for Hip Replacement
- Clinical Investigator, Genesis II Mobile Bearing Knee System
- Hip Replacement Surgery
- Joint Replacement Surgery
- Knee Replacement Surgery
- COOLIEF* Cooled Radiofrequency Treatment
- Published author in Orthopedics, Clinical Orthopaedic and Related Research, Orthopaedic Transactions
- Presenter at Orthopaedic Research Society, Gordon Research Conference, American Foot and Ankle Society
Honors & Awards
- Minnesota Medical Association 2011 Physician Leadership in Quality Award
- Member of 2011-2012 Leading Physicians of the World
- Outstanding Orthopaedic Resident Research, 1988 at MN Orthopaedic Society Meeting