Is Mako® Robotic Joint Replacement for You?
Robotic-assisted surgical systems are used in joint replacement to promote accuracy and control and to spare any healthy bones or ligaments from being removed.
In preoperative planning, the imaging software gives your joint replacement specialist the ability to create a personalized plan that meets your specific needs and to predefine the boundaries of your operation.
During surgery, the robotic assistance and intraoperative software help doctors perform complex techniques with enhanced precision and flexibility.
Mako robotic-arm joint replacements come with many benefits, including:
- Implants designed for natural, normal movement
- Less pain and quicker recovery than traditional joint replacements
- Personalized surgical plans based on your anatomy for longer-lasting joints
- Reduced risk of complications – our surgeons know more and cut less
- Same-day joint replacement may be available for healthy, appropriate patients who want to be actively focused on recovering at home
To learn more about Mako robotic-arm assisted technology or if you are suffering from joint pain, schedule an appointment online with one of our joint replacement specialists at Heartland Orthopedic Specialists or call (800) 762-1177.