COOLIEF* Cooled Radiofrequency Treatment
What is COOLIEF* Cooled Radiofrequency Treatment?
COOLIEF can bring non-surgical relief to those suffering from chronic pain, without the use of opioids.1-4
COOLIEF is a minimally invasive treatment option targeting nerves that transmit pain signals and the first and only radiofrequency treatment FDA-cleared for the relief of osteoarthritis knee pain.5 COOLIEF is an option when other conservative/traditional treatment options have not helped.
Click here to learn more.
1. Malik A, Simopolous T, Elkersh M, et al. Percutaneous radiofrequency lesioning of sensory branches of the obturator and femoral nerves for the treatment of non-operable hip pain. Pain Physician. 2003;6:499-502.
2. Kawaguchi M, Hashizume K, Iwata T, et al. Percutaneous radiofrequency lesioning of sensory branches of the obturator and femoral nerves for the treatment of hip joint pain. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2001;26:576-581.
3. Stelzer W, Aiglesberger M, Stelzer D, Stelzer V. Use of radiofrequency lateral branch neurotomy for the treatment of sacroiliac joint-mediated low back pain: a large case series. Pain Med. 2013;14:29-35.
4. Rivera F, Mariconda C, Annaratone G. Percutaneous radiofrequency denervation in patients with contraindications for total hip arthoplasty. Orthopedics. 2012;35:e302-e305.
5. Halyard Health Inc. sponsored study. A prospective, multi-center, randomized, clinical trial evaluating the safety and effectiveness of using COOLIEF Cooled Radiofrequency probe to create lesions of the genicular nerves and comparing corticosteroid steroid in the management of knee pain. Final results 03April2017. Study available upon request from Halyard.