You are here
Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners are an integral part of our team to help offer you effective and timely medical care.
I focus on providing quality and professional orthopedic, sports medicine, and preventative health care services to all of my patients. Working with our team of orthopedic surgeons, I take medical histories, examine patients, order and interpret laboratory tests and X-rays, and diagnose patients both in the clinical and hospital setting. I also treat injuries and assist in orthopedic surgeries.
As a Physician Assistant I actively help fulfill Heartland Orthopedic Specialists’ goal, which is to return our patients to an active lifestyle in the shortest time possible.
I am originally from Milroy, Minnesota, but moved to the Alexandria area with my family in 2004. Along with being a Physician Assistant, I am a board-certified athletic trainer with a special interest in sports medicine. In my spare time I enjoy hunting, fishing, and golfing with friends and family.
- Augsburg College, Minneapolis, MN, 2004
- South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD, 2000
- Board-Certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Board-Certified Athletic Trainer
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Minnesota Academy of Physician Assistants
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Heartland Orthopedic Specialists, 2004 to Present
Dr. Aaron Balgaard & Dr. James Andrews are available to see patients at our new satellite location in Fergus Falls!x