First in the Region to Utilize Mako® Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology for Joint Replacement
Mako robotic-arm assisted technology enables our surgeons at Alomere Health to provide total knee replacement, total hip replacement, or partial knee replacement patients with a personalized surgical experience based on his or her specific diagnosis and anatomy.
- Implants designed for natural, normal movement
- Less pain and quicker recovery than traditional joint replacements
- Personalized surgical plans based on your anatomy for longer-lasting joints
- Reduced risk of complications—our surgeons know more and cut less
- Same-day joint replacement may be available for healthy, appropriate patients who want to be actively focused on recovering at home
Notable Mako statistics:
- Heartland Orthopedic Specialists & Alomere Health have completed over 2,350 Mako robotic-arm assisted joint replacements
- Over 8,000 total hip & knee joint procedures, including revisions, were performed at Alomere Health
- Over 97% of joint replacement patients recommend their surgeon
- Approximately 20% of joint replacement patients were discharged home the same day of their surgery
- Approximately 94% of patients went home upon discharge
- Average length of stay in the hospital was 26.3 hours
Click for PDF
If you're ready to discuss your hip or knee problem and Mako Robotic-Assisted Arm Technology treatment options with one of our specialty-trained Mako System surgeons, Eric W. Nelson, M.D., Emily J.M. Monroe, M.D., Aaron J. Balgaard, M.D., James H. Nelson, M.D., and Dennis P. Weigel, M.D., visit us in Alexandria, Willmar, Fergus Falls, Morris, Graceville, or Wadena. You can schedule an appointment online or call us at 800.762.1177.
Our Joint Replacement Center
The Joint Replacement Center delivers an exceptional patient experience with compassionate, comprehensive care. We are committed to restoring the quality of life for the people in our community, one joint at a time.
Key features include:
- Patient preparation, education, and follow-up
- Specialized nursing care and therapy staff
- Joint care coordination
- Nationally recognized care
- Innovative pain management team
- Private patient rooms in dedicated area of the hospital
- Reunion luncheons postoperatively
- Quality improvement by analyzing patient data for best practice model
Nationally Recognized Care for Joint Replacement
Heartland Orthopedic Specialist is proud to be recognized as a BlueDistinction Center+, an honor awarded to practices that have met or exceeded overall quality standards for patient safety and outcomes as well as cost standards to accommodate consumers’ need for affordable healthcare.