You are here
Heartland Orthopedic Specialists’ joint replacement experts are offering total knee and hip replacements as well as partial knee replacements at Alomere Health, using Mako’s robotic-arm assisted technology for advanced precision and customized surgical care. Heartland Orthopedic Specialists is the first in the region to offer joint replacements using this state-of-the-art system, and their joint replacement specialists are available for consultation in Alexandria, Monday – Friday, at 111 17th Ave. East, Suite 101. Those interested in pursuing advanced total joint care are encouraged to call (320) 762-1144 for an appointment.
Mako robotic-arm assisted surgical technology is designed to provide patients with a natural-feeling new joint. It uses a real-time operative guidance system and preoperative plans that are completely customized to each patient’s unique anatomy.
“We strive to provide our patients the most advanced, state-of-the-art treatments and procedures right here in Alexandria,” says joint replacement surgeon Dr. Eric Nelson, who has received specialized training in Mako technology. “We are excited to offer our patients Mako joint replacements for better precision, more natural motion and optimal outcomes.”
Benefits of Mako robotic-arm assisted joint replacement include:
- Implants designed for natural, normal movement.
- Less pain and quicker recovery than traditional joint replacements.
- Personalized surgical plans based on your anatomy for longer-lasting joints.
- Reduced risk of complications.
“At Heartland Orthopedic Specialists, our doctors and staff are committed to offering the best possible options for our community’s orthopedic health,” says Joint Care Coordinator Angie Miller of Heartland Orthopedic Specialists. “It’s exciting to be able to offer this transformative technology across the joint replacement service line.”
Joint replacements with leading-edge Mako robotic-arm assisted technology are available from the following Heartland Orthopedic Specialists surgeons:
- Board-certified orthopedic and sports medicine surgeon Eric W. Nelson, M.D.
- Specialty-trained orthopedic surgeon Siegfried (Sig) Feierabend, M.D.
- Fellowship-trained sports medicine specialist Emily J.M. Monroe, M.D.
- Specialty-trained orthopedic surgeon Aaron J. Balgaard, M.D.
- Board-certified orthopedic surgeon Dennis P. Weigel, M.D.
Use the buttons below to read coverage of this story in local and national publications.
Dr. Aaron Balgaard & Dr. James Andrews are available to see patients at our new satellite location in Fergus Falls!x