You are here
Specialty-trained, board-certified orthopedic surgeon James H. Nelson, M.D., has joined the team of experts at Heartland Orthopedic Specialists. Patients in need of specialized bone, joint and muscle care are encouraged to call 800-762-1177 to be seen by Dr. Nelson in Alexandria at 111 17th Ave. E., Suite 101. He is also available to see patients in Willmar at 2800 1st St. S., Suite 220.
A Willmar native, Dr. Nelson is specialty-trained in the musculoskeletal system to offer expert care for hip, knee, and shoulder pain, rotator cuff tears and hand and upper extremity injuries. His surgical and nonsurgical expertise includes:
- Carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel surgery.
- Knee ligament reconstructions and meniscus repair.
- Minimally invasive arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery.
- Nonoperative care of arthritis and sports injuries
- Robotic total and partial knee replacement surgery.
- Robotic total hip replacement surgery, minimally invasive direct anterior approach.
- Rotator cuff repair and shoulder instability surgery.
- Surgical and nonoperative fracture care.
“Dr. Nelson is already a part of our West Central Minnesota community, and we are proud to welcome him back so he can serve his region and help friends and neighbors get back to doing what they love,” said Heartland Orthopedic Specialists’ Vice President of Orthopedic Services Michael S. Doyle, M.B.A., L.A.T.
Dr. Nelson earned his medical degree from Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha, Nebraska, before completing his orthopedic surgery residency at William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, Texas. Throughout his education and training, Dr. Nelson served in the United States Army and was deployed with the 911th Forward Surgical Team in 2014. He is also board-certified in orthopedic surgery through the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
To learn more about Dr. Nelson or to schedule an appointment with him at Heartland Orthopedic Specialists, please call 800-762-1177.
WELCOME, JAMES H. NELSON, M.D. | Join us in welcoming our newest specialty-trained orthopedic surgeon, James H. Nelson, M.D. Dr. Nelson is available to see patients in Alexandria and Willmar.x