You are here
I was born and raised in Wadena, Minnesota. I attended North Dakota State University in Fargo where I majored in radiologic science. After college, I enlisted in the Army and spent four years being stationed around the US including Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, and Georgia. I came home after my enlistment was up and attended the Augsburg University physician assistant program in Minneapolis. I came to the Alexandria area after graduation to be closer to my family.
In my spare time, I enjoy hunting, fishing, quilting, reading, and spending as much time with my family, especially my nephews and niece, as I can.
- Augsburg University, Minneapolis, MN, 2018
- George Washington University, Washington, D.C., 2011
- North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND, 2009
- Board-Certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Board-Certified Medical Lab Technician by American Society for Clinical Pathology
- Registered Radiologic Technologist by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Minnesota Academy of Physician Assistants
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists
- Heartland Orthopedic Specialists, 2018 to Present
Dr. Aaron Balgaard & Dr. James Andrews are available to see patients at our new satellite location in Fergus Falls!x